Tuesday 7 February 2017


Historical enactors can be a superb source of subject, especially when they are caught unawares!

The first photo was taken at Beamish Open Air Museum in County Durham, England. There they have a working farm set in the wartime era (1940's) and this enactor was chopping firewood whilst having a conversation with another. 
I shot 5 or 6 of this lady in different swings of her axe and decided that this was the best shot. I then thought about film types, Ektachrome was developed in the 1940's and I had images of a couple of styles of slide frame I could use.

In reality Ektachrome 64 would not have made a significant colour change to the original image but as 1940's film deteriorated with age I thought a little bit of aging would be appropriate.

I called this photo "Determination"

No comments:

Post a Comment