Wednesday 1 February 2017



Ever since I discovered infrared photography in the late 1960's I have had a mild fascination for it.
I quickly learnt that some things make better subjects than others and that they can be quite startling.
Digital Infrared gives you the ability to create images in colour as opposed to chemical Black and White.
This photo was taken in late Autumn (Northern Hemisphere) and since then I have experimented with different tones I think that this one brings out the feeling of an autumn evening.

Just off North Road can be found  this gem in the heart of Durham City.
The park occupies 4.3 hectares of land hugging the hillside just to the North of the city centre.
At its peak there are grade 2 listed Battlements dating back to 1858.
19th century philosopher John Ruskin, described the spectacular views from the battlements of Durham Cathedral, Durham Castle, the railway viaduct and over the City as 'the Eighth Wonder of the World'.

No comments:

Post a Comment